Tuesday, September 25, 2007

On Public Micturition

Dear Blog,

Let me just tell you about the delightful scene I witnessed on the way home last week.

I'm walking down P. Street just nearing a corner where there's a house set back a little with a sloping yard. Coming toward me on the other side of the street is a middle aged couple with a young boy. He's maybe 5, they're maybe in their 50s. I'm thinking this is a grandparent-type outing. The boy is walking between them, and they're all holding hands, talking, and laughing. A happy family scene.

They stop for a moment on the corner while the boy whispers something in the man's ear. The adults look at each other and around. They must see me, although there's no eye contact. Then, all three still holding hands, they pivot to face the house with the sloping yard and pull down the boy's pants until his buttocks are exposed to the street. I hear the sprinkle of urine hitting the dry grass. A happy family scene.

That's all for now, Blog.

2 comments:

Ami Chitwood said...

What amazes me that this family scene will teach him that anyplace - including a front yard - is his toilet!

Shake Day said...

snort. Pee Street!