Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What chased me on Pee Street

Dear Blog,

Ok, I admit it. I'm afraid of skunks. Very afraid. I go out of my way to get out of THEIR way.

This morning, while walking to the MBTA up P. Street, my better half grabbed my arm to stop me walking - and I saw it.

It was waddling, and nasty-smelling, and I screamed a "girly scream." (Scully - "Mulder, are you sure it wasn't a girly scream?")

It was a skunk.

I immediately thought of the popular prairie dog YouTube video.

It wouldn't be funny if it were a skunk because skunks are scarry - what makes the prairie dog video funny is the cuteness of the prairie dog...but you, dear blog, are intelligent enough to get that without me having to 'splain why something is funny.

I survived and walked past the last place I saw the skunk on my way home from the train this evening - I even shook my first a little before running down the rest of the street hoping the skunk didn't see me.

That's all for now, blog!

1 comment:

Will said...

Hello,

My name is Will Ng and I write for The Chinatown Blog. I have a few questions. Please contact me at will@willng.com

Thank you,

Will